Lesson Overview Section
In this lesson, we will examine the relationship between measurement variables; how to picture them in scatterplots and understand what those pictures are telling us. The overall goal is to examine whether or not there is a relationship (association) between the variables plotted. In Lesson 6, we will discuss the relationship between different categorical variables.
Figure 5.1 Variable Types and Related Graphs
- Explain the major features of correlation.
- Identify the key features of a regression line.
- Apply what it means to be statistically significant.
- Find the predicted value of y for given choice of x on a regression equation plot.
- Critique evidence for the strength of an association in observational studies.