7.5 - Lesson 7 Summary7.5 - Lesson 7 Summary
- Describe the standard normal distribution
- Determine the area under a normal distribution using Minitab
- Determine the points that offset a given proportion of a normal distribution using Minitab
- Summarize the Central Limit Theorem
- Conduct a hypothesis test using a standardized test statistic
- Construct a confidence interval using the standard form
In this lesson we learned how to find the proportion under a normal distribution. We used the standard normal distribution to approximate the sampling distribution to find p value and to construct confidence intervals. In the next few lessons we will learn about the t distribution, which is similar to the standard normal distribution, and we'll focus more on how Minitab can be used to construct confidence intervals and conduct hypothesis tests using these common distributions.