So far we've worked with two variables at a time, but often we have more - sometimes many more. Here we'll introduce several useful tools for working with multivariate data, using Chapter 10 of EssentialR. Note that this is a very brief overview, and that we won't discuss many multivariate tools such as PCA, ordination, and others.
- Make 3-way frequency tables
- Make pairs plots using the function
- Use lattice graphics to make plots conditioned on a third variable
- Carry out Principal Components Analysis (PCA)
- Carry out heirarchical clustering and k-means clustering