In this lesson we'll cover some basic tools for describing quantitative (or continuous) data, using Chapter 3 of Essential R.
Upon completion of this lesson, you should be able to:
- Describe quantitative (continuous) variables based on center and spread
- Test hypotheses about the mean of a quantitative variable
- Use resistant descriptors of center and spread
- Visualize quantitative variables in several ways
- Create a quantitative variable from a qualitative variable
Data and R Code Files Section
The R code file and data files for this lesson can be found on the Essential R - Notes on learning R page.