5.4 - Summary5.4 - Summary
In this lesson we learned about:
- The statistical properties of the sample mean vector, including its variance-covariance matrix and its distribution;
- The multivariate central limit theorem; which states that the sample mean vector will be approximately normally distributed;
- Construction of confidence intervals one at a time and simultaneously;
- How to test the hypothesis that the population correlation between two variables is equal to zero, and how to draw conclusions regarding the results of that hypothesis test;
- How to compute confidence intervals for the correlation, and what conclusions can be drawn from such intervals.