Welcome to STAT 507: Epidemiological Research Methods Section
We look forward to our time together learning how epidemiologists define cases, assess exposures and design studies to consider the impact of various factors on the health of a population. Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand epidemiologic hypotheses, concepts and measures
- Describe epidemiologic study designs.
- Understand the strengths and limitations of various epidemiologic study designs.
- Design an epidemiological study.
- Identify sources of bias, confounding and effect modification in epidemiological studies.
- Analyze epidemiologic data using multivariable methods.
- Prepare and make an epidemiological presentation.
- Write an epidemiologic report.
- Write a proposal for an epidemiologic study.
- Critically read epidemiological literature.
For some general information about this course, read below About the Instructor, Being a Successful Learner, Getting Help, Personalizing Your Contact Information and Special Materials...