7.4 - Summary7.4 - Summary
In this lesson, among other things, we learned:
- Compare the benefits and limitations of narrowly defined eligibility criteria to broadly defined eligibility criteria
- Recognize the impact of the 'healthy worker effect'.
- Write inclusion and exclusion criteria that are less subject to misinterpretation.
- Consider the advantages and disadvantages of a run-in period or extended baseline for a study.
- Use a simple method to monitor patient accrual.
- Recognize barriers to patient participation in clinical trials
- Distinguish between an efficacy study and an effectiveness trial.