18.8 - Summary18.8 - Summary
In this lesson, among other things, we learned how to:
- recognize appropriate use of Pearson correlation, Spearman correlation, Kendall’s tau-b and Cohen’s Kappa statistics.
- use a SAS program to produce confidence intervals for correlation coefficients and interpret the results.
- adapt a SAS program to produce the correlation coefficients, their confidence intervals and Kendall’s tau-b.
- recognize situations that call for the use of a statistic measuring concordance.
- distinguish between a concordance correlation coefficient and a Kappa statistic based on the type of data used for each.
- interpret a concordance correlation coefficient and a Kappa statistic.