In this lesson, we'll learn about general discrete random variables and general discrete probability distributions. Then, we'll investigate one particular probability distribution called the hypergeometric distribution.
Upon completion of this lesson, you should be able to:
- To learn the formal definition of a discrete random variable.
- To learn the formal definition of a discrete probability mass function.
- To understand the conditions necessary for using the hypergeometric distribution.
- To be able to use the probability mass function of a hypergeometric random variable to find probabilities.
- To be able to apply the material learned in this lesson to new problems.