In this lesson, we'll learn about general discrete random variables and general discrete probability distributions. Then, we'll investigate one particular probability distribution called the hypergeometric distribution.
- To learn the formal definition of a discrete random variable.
- To learn the formal definition of a discrete probability mass function.
- To understand the conditions necessary for using the hypergeometric distribution.
- To be able to use the probability mass function of a hypergeometric random variable to find probabilities.
- To be able to apply the material learned in this lesson to new problems.