In this lesson, among other things, we learned:
- Distinguish between superiority, non-inferiority and equivalence trials in terms of
- control group
- hypotheses tested and
- formation of confidence intervals.
- Recognize the characteristics of a clinical trial with high external validity
- Define which data are included in an intention-to-treat analysis
- Recognize the major considerations for designing an equivalence or non-inferiority trial.
- Perform sample size calculations for some equivalence and non-inferiority trials, using SAS programs.