In this lesson, among other things, we learned:
- Identify three benefits of randomization
- Distinguish simple randomization from constrained randomization.
- State the purpose of randomization in permuted blocks.
- State the objective of stratified randomization.
- Contrast the benefits of permuted blocks to those of adaptive randomization schemes.
- Use a SAS program to produce a permuted blocks randomization plan.
- Use an allocation ratio that will maximize statistical power in the situation where greater variability is expected in one treatment group than the other.
- Provide the rationale against randomizing prior to informed consent.