Recommended Technical Requirements for "Frustration Free" Computing Section
View our World Campus Technical Requirements page to see the minimum technical requirements for our courses.
To review minimum technical requirements for individual statistical software packages, please visit the technical support pages of the individual vendors. See the Statistical Software page on the Statistics Department website.
Students are strongly encouraged to download, install, and test computer and browser requirements prior to the beginning of classes.
Courses with Proctored Exams Section
For courses using Honorlock you must meet the following technical requirements.
Honorlock System Requirements
- Desktop computer or laptop (tablets, Chromebook and cell phones do not meet our requirements)
- Webcam and microphone (built-in or external).
- Connection to network with sufficient internet speed: at least 1.5 Mbps download speed and 750 Sbps upload. Hot spots are not recommended.
- Chrome Browser with pop-up blocker disabled
- Installed Honorlock Chrome Extension
- "Once you install the extension, you get the protection and ease of simply logging into your school’s learning management system and getting started."
- "We’ll walk you through a quick 60-second pre-test checklist to make sure you’re ready to go."