In this lesson we learned:
- How to determine which type of discriminant analysis is appropriate, linear or quadratic;
- How the linear discriminant function is used to classify a subject into the appropriate population;
- About issues to consider when selecting prior probabilities that a randomly selected subject belongs to a particular population;
- How to use posterior probabilities to assess the uncertainty of the classification of a particular subject;
- How to use cross validation and confusion tables to assess the efficacy of discriminant analysis.