In this section, we delve into some of the deeper theory of estimation and hypothesis testing, including:
- finding statistics that are sufficient for a parameter
- defining the power of a hypothesis test
- determining the sample size necessary for conducting a "powerful" hypothesis test
- investigating the properties a "good" hypothesis test should possess
- defining and deriving likelihood ratio tests
We also get some practice on choosing an appropriate statistical method for analyzing a given set of data.