Minitab® – Obtaining Simple Linear Regression Output
We previously created a scatterplot of quiz averages and final exam scores and observed a linear relationship. Here, we will use quiz scores to predict final exam scores.
- Open the Minitab file: Exam.mpx
- Select Stat > Regression > Regression > Fit Regression Model...
- Select Final in the box on the left to insert it into the Response box on the right
- Select Quiz_Average in the box on the left to insert it into the Continuous Predictors box on the right
- Under the Graphs tab, click the box for Four in one
- Click OK
This should result in the following output:
Simple Regression: Final versus Quiz_Average
Final = 12.1 + 0.751 Quiz_Average
Analysis of Variance
|Source||DF||Adj SS||Adj MS||F-Value||P-Value|
Fits and Diagnostics for Unusual Observations
R Large residual
On the next page you will learn how to test for the statistical significance of the slope.