7.5 - Lesson 7 Summary
- Describe the standard normal distribution
- Determine the area under a normal distribution using Minitab Express
- Determine the points that offset a given proportion of a normal distribution using Minitab Express
- Summarize the Central Limit Theorem
- Conduct a hypothesis test using a standardized test statistic
- Construct a confidence interval using the standard form
In this lesson we learned how to find the proportion under a normal distribution. We used the standard normal distribution to approximate the sampling distribution to find p value and to construct confidence intervals. In the next few lessons we will learn about the t distribution, which is similar to the standard normal distribution, and we'll focus more on how Minitab Express can be used to construct confidence intervals and conduct hypothesis tests using these common distributions.